Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Miss You Daddy

Today was the day you left us, 26 years ago. I know it's been a long, long time now, and I'm all grown up with a family almost grown up of my own now. I just wanted to say that though I'm now older than you lived to be, I still think of you and miss you. Your oldest grandson will graduate in just a couple months, and I think of how proud you would be of him. I think of how you would love picking on your granddaughter, like Rob does. How much you would enjoy sitting with Matthew and watching sports. How you would enjoy Rob's sense of humor and joking around with our family. How you would love to sit and play the guitar with Rob or hear the kids play their instruments or wrestle with the boys. You would fit right in with us, and I can almost hear your laugh as we sit around and kid with each other and pick on each other. I can almost see you here with us, laughing and being part of us. I guess you do live on in the kids. I just miss you and wanted you to know.

Love,
Your Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 PM

    Yes, he lives on in the kids. It's not the same, but still thank God you have part of him in them.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am very thankful I have the kids. I realize how much of a blessing that is on so many levels, and I don't take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete