Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another Summer of Sunflowers Begins

Our sunflowers are not doing as well for some reason this year as last year (which is weird since we have had lots more rain this year). But after a late start, they are finally starting to bloom, and just as beautiful as they always are!
This is a Mexican sunflower, which Rob & I adore, as do the butterflies, hummingbirds, and Easter goldfinches! If you like butterflies and hummingbirds, you HAVE to buy some of these seeds and plant some. They are a pretty flower, not as showy as a regular sunflower, but they attract TONS of butterflies and hummingbirds!!! They have such soft stems and are very different from their other cousin sunflowers! I really like this flower!!!!
I love that I caught this little bee doing his job while I was snapping away!

No comments:

Post a Comment