Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm In Good Hands

Father,
I've taken some small steps in my life and a few BIG ones. Some forwards and probably too many backwards. Some of the bigger ones? Being a public school teacher because You told me it was my mission work in this world when I really wanted to be a missionary. Leaving everyone & everything I held dear to move (sight unseen) to a place 1000 miles away, to work in a school 1000 miles away with people I'd never met and students I had no clue about when my heart didn't want to leave my momma & pop.
Why??? All because You told me to.
So I know I haven't always trusted You like I should have. I'm a slow learner I know. But I am trying hard to get it and learn these eternal lessons You're trying to teach me.
I have done my part in this thing I've been struggling with You & my own self on. I've knocked on the door. I'm trusting you with my life and the future of my family, my career, my home, my health- it all. I can't do any of it without You, and I don't want to either. I'm in Your hands, and I know You will take me where You want me to be and help me to be who You want me to be.
Please just let me know what that is in Your time, Father, and until that time comes, please help me not to be stupid or dense like I often am. :)
For now & always,
I'm in Your Good Hands
Rebekah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment