Thursday, February 18, 2010

Matthew Made Me Cry

My 6'4" (or more???) "baby" just emailed me this note:

Ich liebe dich
Je t'aime
Is tu mo ghra
Mina rakastan sinua
... ... ...
... ... ...
I love you mom
:-P

He went online and found an online translator and found as many ways to say "I love you" in as many languages as he could find (the ... ... ... were other symbolic languages - ??? Arabic, Hebrew, Asian something???- Blogger won't let me cut & paste it into this entry.) It was his idea and he so surprised me. My tall, bashful, more quiet boy thought of his mom and did something so sweet.

I am still crying.

And then a little later he brought me this paperwork to sign. He is registering for his senior year. My baby isn't a baby anymore. That tiny baby that almost died, that we were told to say goodbye to, that wasn't expected to live past his birth-night, that was supposed to be tiny, sickly, puny, that miracle boy of ours is almost grown! This is the beginning of the end of a lifetime of raising babies, children, teenagers... I'm beginning a new chapter in my life.

4 comments:

  1. That is so precious! What an awesome kid you have there - young man, rather. He will continue to bless you in the coming years too. What a cool story about his birth too. Did you do a post on that?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I had blogged about it, but can't find it. I will keep looking and if I didn't, I will have to do that. You will like this story, and of course it has a WONDERFUL ending!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma2:40 PM

    He is awesome! All three of your kids are blessings! So maybe you and Rob did know what you were doing - you just didn't know that you did. :)

    I still remember that night and I still praise God for the miracle of this young man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma2:43 PM

    And the next chapter will be the best! I LOVED those years when you and Rob and Jessica were young adults - and being a grandmother was awesome!

    ReplyDelete