Saturday, July 17, 2010

Business Adventures...

About a year ago, I started trying to make cards to sell. Our hope was that I could do something that I like doing, learn to do it better, and make a little profit while doing it to help us financially (eventually). Rob has been super supportive of this adventure.

So one year later, I can see a lot of improvement in what I am making from where I was last year!!! And I have a decent amount of sales under my belt for something that is so start-up and not my first job. I also continue to set goals for myself- learn something new (techniques, tools, ideas) each month, slowly purchase stamps and tools, read & research new ideas & learn from other card makers, and learning how to grow a business... So today I am stepping out a little more and taking another step in trying to grow my business. I am hosting my first giveaway on Facebook. I created a "fan page" and am doing a drawing for a small set of notecards & mini notepads. The cards are cute & colorful! I would love it if you'd pop in on me and see them and enter if you'd like to. I'd love to have you in my Facebook "friends" list. If you feel comfortable with it, please help me spread the word. I really want to help our family financially, and need to start taking this up a notch to do so.

Thanks a bunch! Happy Sunday to you all! my BekaBoo Creations blog (my Facebook fan page is linked at the top of my blog site)

2 comments:

  1. AH! I need to get onto Facebook! I can't access it at work, but could you send me a invitation for your fan page/business? :)

    great job on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks Ruh! I just got power back on- construction accident on our street caused serious damage... Going to do it right now. :)

    ReplyDelete