Tuesday, October 05, 2010

the 1st of the lasts

Tonight was Matthew's first concert of the 10-11 school year- his senior year. The first of the "lasts" in this phase of our parenting lives- not just Matthew's last year in school, but the last year of any kids in public school for Rob & I, our last year as parents of a minor child, our last year of high school, band concerts, sports- this is it.

A weeee bit (okay, a big bit) emotional for me. I was married at 17, a mom at 19 and have been a mom more of my life than not. It's truly about all I know. And now this phase is coming to an end.

But as I sat and watched my son (my 6'5" baby boy) through my camera, I could only think one thing, "Thank you God." All these years with Matthew almost didn't happen, and I am very mindful of that. Very mindful.

So, I somewhat tearfully embrace this year- this year of lasts, and don't you let me forget to say "Thank You" for every one of them.

(((hugs)))
Rebekah :)


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, Rebekah. I can only imagine how emotional this year is! Take it all in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma4:53 PM

    We are blessed that we have him. You have been a terrific mother!

    ReplyDelete