Sunday, June 05, 2011

Photos-outside

This is our front porch/steps.
St. Louis Blues' colors with purple and yellow lantana
My little rose plant that was here when we moved and didn't look like it was going to do anything is doing much better this year. I had made plans to dig it out, but was putting it off because roses make me think of my Momma. Then it is making what I hope will be a comeback. :)
My family thinks I'm silly, but I LOVE lambs' ear! It's so soft and fuzzy and the blooms are pretty and boy do the honeybees love it!
Finally got a butterfly bush, and cannot wait. Had this one in the ground one day and am already seeing butterflies and moths. I also bought a white one. :)
Had this little wire basket thing Rob bought me a couple years back for Mothers' Day. I decided to experiment. We'll see how it goes, but for now the vinca is loving its home.
Now for some before/afters. This is my peach tree- my first Mothers' Day tree- as it appeared spring of 2009 when we moved in this house.
My wonderful peach tree this spring :)
My little Japanese maple (2nd M.D. tree) in 2009 when we moved, maybe 2-3 feet tall.
Look at this beauty now!!! WOW, what a lot of growing it has done! I think it loves its new yard home. This is what it looked like a couple weeks ago here in its corner of our yard.
And though we are between a rock and a hard spot this summer in finances, I spent $ I shouldn't have and bought mulch for this corner and a few plants. Here is my beautiful dwarf maple now with its new friends- echinacea, butterfly bush, shasta daisy, delphinium- and upgraded home. I know you can't see the flowers much, but I'm sure in a year or so this area will be full of blossoms and butterflies!

A view from further back
and a deck shot
and a "just because I love this tree" shot
That's it for now Rach. I'll post some photos this summer as things get settled in and start to bloom more. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm am absolutely LONGING for a Japanese maple. I truly believe that will be one of my big purchases next spring, as I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. :o) Your trees look wonderful and I love your flowers. :o)

    Please please please keep posting photos as the summer progresses--I can't wait to see how everything fills in. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma5:20 PM

    The photos are great - but it was good to actually see the trees and flowers in person. As it fills in you are going to have a beautiful flower garden.

    ReplyDelete