Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Such As These

Dear God,
I know You have a special place in Your heart for children, and I know You are able to do all things. And, tonight, God my heart is heavy for two little ones, especially, that You've placed in my care this year. You know who they are. Kristen and I have marked one of their chair's with Your name on a post-it just as a symbol. I know it's just a paper with words, but You said that Your word would not go void. Your name is part of Your word. And You said to the disciples many important things about little children "such as these." So, God, tonight while these little ones are at home playing, eating, preparing for a new day in Kindergarten, sleeping, could You please put Your hand upon them, prepare them for the new day that will come, heal the damage that's been done in one life, and help give them hope and happiness for a day filled with fun and learning with their crazy teacher? Could You help them to be able to say "goodbye" to their family and know that at the end of the day, it will be okay? That they are safe with me and that I love them and will take care of them. Please, God, could You help my students? Remove the scars in a life so young and bring Your peace to a little one who should not be so scarred already? Please will You give this tired teacher wisdom beyond my years and learning and help me to know what to say and do and be able to bring comfort that will last for the day and not just a few moments. Just comfort them through me, please God?

No comments:

Post a Comment