Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's almost here

This time next weekend, I will be cleaning up from Robert's graduation party! I am sure I will be exhausted and quite happy. My momma and pop, and sister too, will be here. I will have seen my first child graduate from high school. I will have served home-made lasagna and all the other requisites of a lasagna dinner to 30-50 people.

It's going to be a BUSY week! Today we are busy getting the house ready, buying food for ourselves, for our company, and for the party, plus Matthew and I did our decorations shopping too. On Friday, I'm taking a personal day to visit with my family, get all that food ready to go, decorate, and somehow in all that, I'm going to try to squeeze in a quick trip to the strawberry patch to meet my class on their last field trip. (I sure hate to miss a field trip, but my kid and family are more important).

I still have to pick up and put away a bunch of school stuff that's been piling up, update and balance my checkbook, and pay all my bills too tonight. Plus, I've got all that assessment stuff to record, enter online, document.... and report cards to do this week too. (Yeah, and think, I only teach K!) My list of things that have to get done in this week at work is overwhelming too, and I know I am going to have to make some choices this week about what I can and can't do. I'm learning that I just can't do everything that I want to, and though I hate not being the best and perfect at what I do, I'm slowly learning to accept that I can't be perfect, just the best I can be. OH MY GOODNESS!!! I do not know how I will ever get it all done, so I better get going. I still have a second job which hasn't been getting any hours from me either. YIKES!!!!!!!! I'm just not as good at that as Rob is, but that's another thing I've learned to accept- I cannot be as good as Rob or my mom in many things no matter how hard I try. I am not trying too hard anymore, just learning to be me.

Okay, I'm leaving this rambling thought process now as I have to get going on this list of things.

Graduation is coming! Graduation is coming! Graduation is coming!!!

1 comment:

  1. hey can i join the " we just aren't good enough" other wise known to us sarcastic people as "we suck but it's oh so much fun"

    can you tell i'm in a wierd funky mood :) do you miss me?

    I'm coming to see you!!!!!!!!!! i love reading your posts - you sound happy here................

    i'm coming to see you....it's like a warning on a medicine label........i'm coming to see you or a fungus that is about to come and there is no cream for me and.......wow that just got really gross....

    but being who i am i'm going to leave it on her.

    ReplyDelete