Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Wish Rewritten

I recently received a forward that contained this message in it:

Today I wish you a day of ordinary miracles ~
A fresh pot of coffee you didn't make yourself.
An unexpected phone call from an old friend.
Green stoplights on your way to work.
The fastest line at the grocery store.
A good sing-along song on the radio.
Your keys found right where you left them.

Though it's nice, it made me think about what I would really wish for someone, a stranger, an acquaintance, a friend, a family member, someone I love deeply. Though I am among the top of the list when it comes to enjoying, and some days craving, an easy day with everything in its place and life running smoothly, are these the truly important things I would really want to wish for myself or someone else? And are these little things really miracles?

So I think I'll rewrite this wish:

  • A bird's gentle, sweet song to wake you.
  • A beautiful sunrise on your way to work that helps you reflect on the Maker and His beauty.
  • An opportunity to smile at a stranger or to tell them "Good morning," and see them smile back.
  • Seeing someone in need and being thankful for the food in your pantry, the clothes on your back, the roof over your head, & the job that provides you money for all those needs (and maybe even the joy of knowing you fed someone who would have gone without supper otherwise).
  • A song in your heart to lighten your load.
  • Wisdom to deal with all life's hassles- from the lost keys to the unbalanced checkbook and unpaid bills, the arguing kids and the looming deadlines.
  • Peace in the storm & in Him who can keep you safe in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment