Monday, December 01, 2008

A Gift to Myself

We had an impromptu family "date" tonight and all went to Starbucks. Went, as in, went in, ordered a drink, shared a piece of banana bread between the kids and me, and sat down and just gabbed, relaxed, hung out, laughed, talked, and just were together.

It was SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because of money, I made Rob promise me he wouldn't get me a gift for a certain birthday coming up. But tonight I thought that this could be my gift from them and to myself, and I can't think of a better present than this. It was really a lot of fun just hanging together there. Barbara & I shared this little fancy shmancy chair/lounger thing, and she played on my phone. Rob & Robert talked and talked. Matthew sat in the middle of these two groups listening mostly, talking a little, and sharing some of my drink after he finished his.

I had my favorite thing there- only one of two things I can drink at S'bucks- the Caramel Apple Spice! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anything more yummy than that????

Yeah, this was definitely a gift, and a wonderful one. I ADORE my family with all that is in me, and there is nothing I like more than just being with them and relaxing, talking, joking, and cutting up with them. My hubby & kids have such great senses of humor. We are like a three-ring circus of one-liners, ditziness, clumsiness (on my part), and jokes. Just too much fun!

So, even though they never read this, THANKS family. I LOVE YOU ALL, and you really made my night!

Thanks God for this crazy group of family You gave me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    I am so thankful you have such a great family. But part of the reason they are so great - a VERY BIG PART - is that they have you as a wife and mother.

    You have done a terrific job Rebekah as a wife and mother and when all is said and done in life, I don't know what else matters more than that.

    LOVE YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete