Saturday, March 28, 2009

Of Rain, Cleaning, Gardening, and Cell Phones

Saturday, busy Saturday.

Today, so far,
  • we've taken the girls to school for Saturday school & picked them up (of course, you didn't think I'd actually leave them there did you? ;P)
  • been to Wally-world for last minute items we need for today
  • dug up and moved two carloads of trees & plants (things at the old house that we had bought & planted or my parents had brought us from the midwest )
  • transplanted 9 hostas, 1 fern, the herb garden Matthew & I started at the old house, two echinacea, my two "Mothers' Day trees" that the kids & Rob got me (my peach tree & dwarf Japanese maple tree), the Mexican heather, a mum, three clumps of lambs ear (Barbara says I have a love affair with this plant), Pop's hen & chicks that he brought me from his yard, and five clusters of daffodils. Matthew & I worked in the rain & were sopping wet messes when we finished putting them in the ground, but it's done now & just in time for the good, heavier rain that is now moving in
  • cleaned the oven & stove & frig at the old house & taken the frig out for our neighbor to use
  • shampooed two rooms' carpets
  • loaded & moved two more car loads of stuff
  • trashed one cell phone! Somehow in all this craziness, I forgot to take my cell phone out of my dress pocket. When Matthew loaded our filthy clothes in the washing machine after our yard work, I totally forgot the phone was in my pocket. So now I'm without a cell phone. That's the first time I've done something quite that stupid with my phone! YIKES!!!! Good going Rebekah!

Now, Rob is working with James (a neighbor at our old house who "just happens" to be a contractor and offered to come help Rob & teach Rob how to fix this mess of ceilings we have after the "great flood of 2009." ;) ;)

In a few, Matthew & I are taking Robert to work and heading back to finish cleaning the kitchen & bathroom floors & shampooing the hall & front room and load the last carload of stuff to bring over. Then we will be done, except to turn in the keys and say a last goodbye to our home for over 3 1/2 years.

I'm sick, hurting, and more tired than I can say. But we are truly just about to be done. I'll have one closet crammed with stuff to unpack- much of that is pictures and wall things to put up. Then I have to figure out how to set up the computer area, and we'll be done.

I'm SOOOOOO very ready for moving to be done and life to sort of get back to just the "normal" craziness. This is very tiring!

So, with about five minutes more to go before I have to leave again, I'm signing off. Enjoy your weekend, wherever you are!

Rebekah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment