Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stop the World, I'm Getting Off Now

Did you ever just have a bad day/week that was just truly awful? Well, this week STINKS!!! Can I call it Friday and get it over with?

There's just no way to get around it. I thought it was just Monday, but then yesterday the governor signed an executive order reducing our pay effective immediately- taking back a percentage of the entire year's salary from our next paychecks. This hits all the state employees; senators and judges can voluntarily give up some pay if they'd like to. Yeah, can you hear my sarcasm???? I won't even go on about this as it's not nice- what's in my head. It's going to really hit us hard financially.

I'm dealing with my kids (the kids I love more than my life, but who are really frustrating me right now). I am angry, hurt, frustrated, worried, stressed, hurt, disappointed, worried, angry.... Right now it appears I am getting the silent treatment from one.

I'm feeling horribly low, and each day I keep getting out of bed thinking it will be better today, and then there's something else.

I'm utterly, completely, and totally sick of work- the negativity and backstabbing, the way people talk about and treat kids, the way I feel so awkward and have somehow without meaning to backed myself into a corner by myself ...

Most of all, I'm just sick to death of me.

The good news? God is still God. I am still alive and breathing. I have a husband who is standing by my side in this icky week. God has blessed me abundantly more than I deserve, and for that I am eternally grateful and very humbled as I am so very undeserving.

Here's to a better Thursday- I hope!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I totally feel where you are at....and SO grateful that the weekend is here..and yes, that God is still God. And that He loves me in spite of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma5:04 PM

    Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete