Sunday, June 07, 2009

Roller Coaster Emotions

What a wonderful weekend. The girls graduated from high school! I couldn't be more proud of my girl, and I am so proud of S for graduating too.

I am staying as numb as I can, because when the feelings come they're going to come hard. To say I hate goodbyes is an understatement. And this weekend there were some really hard goodbyes. :(

I'm feeling very sad to have to watch family leave me and go back home. S's leaving for her dad's was a bundle of emotions I can't even discuss. Most of all I feel as if I/we let her down or hurt her somehow, and that upsets me too. I just hope and pray she will heal and find Jesus in a way she never has.

And now the house is SOOOOO quiet after all the people have left. I guess after all the busy-ness of the weekend, preparing for company, cooking like a crazy woman for a crowd that didn't materialize, the up & down emotions... well I'm feeling a bit of a let-down and am sooo tired too, which never helps.

A week & two days of this school year, then a couple days to get my classroom in order and then I start a short summer school session. I hope this time goes fast so I can maybe have some time off for me. I'm looking forward to reading time and more time with my family.

Night!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it throught the weekend. So sorry I couldn't be there - but you know I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow congrats to your girls!! What an acheivement, I can imagine you are feeling a lot of emotions. Praises too! :)

    ReplyDelete