Friday, July 10, 2009

this is the part where i stop to be thankful and then maybe, perhaps a bit creative???

I'm feeling yucky- sinus crud again.

I'm very hurt and disappointed with myself and with others.

I need to take a moment (or more) to be thankful.

Thank You Father for Your unending love. I don't know why You love me but You do. For that I will ever be grateful.

Thank You Father for a family's love. They also put up with me when I'm not worth the time. I cannot say how much this means to me or how appreciative of this I am. I see so many who do not have this love and support, and I am reminded often through work, through seeing or talking to a homeless person just how big a gift this is.

Thank You Father for three wonderful children, for a good husband, for parents, a sister and brother (Scott, I'm claiming you- sorry you don't get off that easy!), for my mother-in-law too, for Regina and my other cousins with whom I can give and get love and share good memories, encourage and get encouragement.

Thank You Father for memories that, yes sometimes are hard and cause pain but also bring warm remembrances of joy, laughter, love, acceptance. I cherish those memories with cousins playing in the yard, aunts and uncles who loved me, catching lightning bugs, playing in the woods or in the creek, riding my bike up and down the street, climbing trees, going fishing, taking trips to Arkansas, watching an evergreen tree grow in the yard each year, playing games, talking, and so many many more.

Thank You Father for all your provision- food, clothes, a warm place in the winter & cool place in the summer's heat, a car, a job, lives to love and touch for You.

Thank You for the beauty of the world You created- the rolling land of the plains where a person can see for miles, acres of corn fields, a storm building in the sky and the beauty of a storm, the wind to cool us, snow falling quietly and gently at midnight, the wonder of the ocean and its power and sound and awesome power, the majesty & the beauty of the mountains. You created all these and they each in their own way point to You and Your characteristics, who You are and Your great love. Thank You.

Father, I "follow" a few people and their prayer needs via blogs, and I've met a few of the "least of these" who don't even have a home let alone a blog. Let me remember them tonight. Will You remember them tonight and meet their needs? Theirs are so much more than my petty hurts and worries. They need You so much right now. I do too Father, but don't let me get so burdened down with myself that I forget You.

Please be with:
Keith in the Quad Cities
Pop's Keith
Some kids I know whose first initial I'll use here. You know who they are (F, S, D, Z, "D," O & S)
Michael
Odell
Chris
Tanya
Kate
Stellan
Summer
Noah
Tara and her children
Bonnie and her children

Thanks God for everything. I'm so undeserving and so very grateful.

Now I'll get back to my feeble attempt at being creative. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment