Monday, June 21, 2010

garden goodness

We planted a small garden in the yard this year hoping to get some food to help our summer budget. We are amateurs for sure, and we didn't have a tiller so there's a bit more grass in the plot than we'd like but we will keep working on it & learning. I hope to freeze up some vegies later this summer. The food is starting to come in. Thank you God for fresh vegies grown by our hands and blessed by You!

our second picking of green beans


The tomatoes are coming in; soon we'll have a bunch. I can taste pico de gallo already! :)
grape tomatoes for our salads

romas for pico & homemade spaghetti sauce that Robert is going to cook for me :)

the "big boys" for just eating- I plan to eat a bunch & fry some green ones up too; it's making my mouth water just thinking of their juicy, yummy goodness.

my prairie flower to remind me of home- Echinacia- Oh how I miss home!

Our yellow squash & zucchini are blooming like crazy!


peaches!!!

My poor little peach tree is so full, I am not sure the branches can hold it all. We keep thinning them out so the tree doesn't fall over, but I hate to pitch the peaches... Hoping they are edible. :) Going to make a peach cobbler if they are good and plan to sit outside and eat some fresh ones too.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word! Look at all that gorgeous produce! WOW! I'd love some peaches now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... doesn't it just make your mouth water??? I can't wait until the tomatoes & peaches ripen! Someday maybe we'll learn enough to have a prettier garden. Your momma inspires me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! I don't think it much matters how the garden *looks*, it's more important how it *produces*. Yours seems to be producing beautifully! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Momma5:12 PM

    These are awesome pictures! So glad your garden is producing for you! Wish I was there to get some of those peaches.

    ReplyDelete