Sunday, July 25, 2010

FUNDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a HUGE fan of Donors Choose!!!! Why? Because it has been the source of many, many blessings to my classroom in the two years since I stretched my wings and tried something new. It was two summers ago that I nervously submitted my first proposal. And as of the wee hours of this morning, I have received full funding for 24 grant proposals!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

You might remember I wrote a while back about stretching myself and trying to get some technology into my classroom. I was nervous about finding donors for such big-ticket items! High-cost items don't get funded as well. But, I tried anyway.
Folks, I will now be getting ALL of that shortly after school resumes!!!! The short version of how that happened is that "somehow" :) two different times now I've ended up on some complete stranger's giveback/challenge page and people from all over have given to my kids and me. This last one for the mimio pieces, was a HUGE price tag. But once my grant landed on the challenge page, I received the final $886 in funding within just TWELVE hours!!!! I had people give to me from Dublin & London and across our nation. The comments some of them wrote to me were so kind and truly thoughtful. I can't wait to read them to my new students!!!!
And then, as if that weren't HUGE in itself, Duke Energy chose another of my projects to do 1/2 funding for on Friday!!!! That dropped the amount I needed for it to a very reasonable amount, and a parent of one of last year's kinders helped me spread the word and when I woke up this morning it was funded!

I know God can do a lot of things, but it never ceases to humble and amaze me when my heavenly Father takes time out of what He has to do and oversee and drops a blessing in my lap. I always end up crying when He does that. :) I am excited to start school and start learning with my kids. This is definitely going to be a learning year for me- a new grade, new curriculum, grad school (still), and new tech tools... Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? :)

Love to you all!

Bekaboo :)

P.S. I wanted to share some of my hubby's & coworkers' grant requests. If you can give even just $1, they'll be thankful and appreciative. If you feel like you'd like to share their links and pass the info on to your friends/family I know they would say "thank you!" I am no big, famous person, but I can't not share the good things other teachers do too!!!

Rob Thomas (best friend, wonderful husband, devoted father, and teacher extraordinaire!)





Allen Jay Elementary (my school, not a perfect school or even one of those "good" schools, but it is a place filled with kids I ADORE and teachers who work hard to help them learn & grow)

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome about being funded!! Amazing provision! I can tell that you are excited :) Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma8:14 PM

    So proud of you - so grateful to God!

    ReplyDelete