Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ready or Not, Here I Go!

My room is ready & the desks await the children bright & early in the morning.
My library corner is looking good & thanks to some other teachers at school who shared, I have a well-stocked, wide-ranged set of books appropriate for my kids. :)
The B.E.E books are done!
I am more organized this year than I think I have ever been in 16.5 years of teaching. :) For sure, I am more organized than I have ever been here in N.C. I spent way too much time working on this room in the past month and gave up a lot of summertime to do it, but I feel better about myself as a human being tonight and am proud of my classroom, so I guess it was worth it.
It has really begun to sink in that I have left the world of Kinderkids & 1st graders. I know I will miss it at times, but this will be time for me to grow and learn as a teacher and have some fun with the big kids. :) And as I prepared to leave my room to go home at 6 PM tonight, I looked around and saw my EZ Grader, the grade book all prepared & ready for the first grades to be entered, and the kids' desks (never had those in my room before), and it hit me, "I am a 3rd grade teacher!" And you know what? I liked that thought. :)

Good night world! Hello 3rd grade!

And Father, please will You help me be something special to this group of kids & help me to help them be all that they were meant to be? Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. you are going to be an awesome third grade teacher! I hope all goes well today - you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Pop was impressed! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What time and dedication. I think it's a sign of a good teacher when they are in their room and it's non-contractual hours, just so they can be ready and prepared.

    Your room looks awesome and ALMOST makes me miss teaching...hee hee. ;o)

    ReplyDelete