Thursday, August 26, 2010

Adventures of a 3rd grade teacher

Today was the 2nd day of school for the kids. Here are some of the highlights of the week so far & there's still one more day to go.
  • boys bickering, tattling, & pecking-order-figuring like girls usually do (wow, didn't expect that one!) "He better quit looking at me or I'm goin get him." "He's messing with me." "He said a bad word." "I'm gonna fix him if he don't quit messin' with me." and that list goes on & on & on & on...... I swear I'm going to see them pee-ing on things next to mark their territory. Oh brother!!! And I usually prefer a classroom full of boys over girls for just that reason, but not this year I guess. :)
  • knife brought to school
  • my daughter volunteering today :)
  • lots of whining and shouting of my name over & over & over from some kids
I kind of forget every year how much work goes into these first few weeks, how icky it can be some days, and how tired I am at the end of each day. Guess it's kind of like childbirth. :)

3 comments:

  1. But what beautiful children you had after the pain of childbirth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's true. I will again, this process is just so painful at this time of year. Just please keep reminding me of that. :)

    Thanks Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first six-nine weeks are always the hardest. They're the ones where you're laying your foundation. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete