Monday, December 13, 2010

Prayers...



I had planned to come home from school, cook dinner, eat, start grading the HUGE pile of papers from the last week that I didn't get graded over the weekend or entered into my grade book. Then I was going to start making Christmas cards for my family back home and something little for my third grade team.

Instead I came home and made condolences cards for a coworker's family as one of our teachers died today very suddenly. Not the way I wanted to learn to make these kinds of cards.

I don't know why I'm even posting them, but thought I would.

5 comments:

  1. I'm SO sorry for the loss of your coworker. Her family will be blessed to receive such beautiful, handmade cards, for they will know SHE was loved to have someone take such time to make them in her memory.

    You did a beautiful job. I particularly like the last one.

    I'm sorry you had to make them, that there was even a REASON for you to have to make them.

    My prayers for her family--both blood relation and work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah,

    The cards are beautiful! It was so thoughtful of you to make them for everyone to sign today. I thought about trying to make some when I read Maria's email, but I don't have any of the sentiment stamps to make those yet. I am still in disbelief that this all happened so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, thank you! I worked late and hard and was so nervous. I just thought there's really nothing I can do to help, but maybe a pretty card would express love and concern. I prayed as I made them.

    Rach, thanks for looking and as always for being a friend from far away. I like that last one best too. I hope they feel His love and her coworker's love when they open the cards.

    Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cards are so beautiful - you did an amazing job. I know they will touch the hearts of the those that were acquainted with the teacher. So sorry for the loss...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a special lady - and these cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete