Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dear Zoe,

Dear Zoe,

It's me again, your crazy Aunt Beka. I just wanted to tell you again how very much you are loved! Uncle Rob, the cousins, and I live so far away, but I hope you can feel the love even though there are 1,000 miles between us.

And your silly Uncle Rob keeps claiming you as "his niece" only. We have little "play arguments" about whose niece you are. He just saw a baby food commercial, and told me the neatest thing. I wanted to share it with you so you will know someday how much Uncle Rob loves you. He doesn't say it as much as I do (just remember I'm kind of crazy), but he loves you bunches already!!!! So when this commercial came on, he said, "I know what that company was trying to do, but they didn't do it. They were trying to make a cute baby commercial, but they didn't have my niece in it. If they'd put my niece in it, then they'd have a cute baby commercial."
And as for me, I miss you already, and you're just a few days old. I stare at your picture on my computer each night (when I'm supposed to grading papers, writing lesson plans or doing homework for college). I could stare at your picture all night! I LOVE the little dream-smile you have in this photo Mommy posted. I can't wait until you come out here to your cousin's graduation and we can hold you and get to love on you in person. I hope you will like all of us and not be afraid of us. I promise we're all big & tall people, but we're really nice. Silly, but really nice.

I better go do some of that work now, or maybe I'll just stare at your photo some more. You make me smile! :)

Love always,
Aunt Beka

2 comments:

  1. Love these! Gonna put in a book for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letters to sweet Zoe just make me smile. She is one blessed baby to have you and your family in her life.

    And, may I say, what a cutie!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete