Friday, March 18, 2011

Asparagus

Oh, asparagus, I owe you my sincerest apologies. When I was a child, I used to go with my momma to Bohn's farm where she would get fresh asparagus. I remember how much she liked it. I remember how she always made us eat our food and wanted us to not be picky, but oh, how I hated asparagus. I never liked it as a child, and hadn't eaten it in years since I left home.

Then my oldest son made some for us a couple years ago, and oh how good it was. I have been eating it since and each time I wonder, What in the world was I thinking? Why didn't I like it? What in the world was wrong with me? All these years I missed out on this yummy and healthy food! I must have been a brat or something to turn up my nose at you, lovely asparagus! Please forgive me!!!

Rebekah :)

1 comment: