Tuesday, April 05, 2011

:)

I have had another day at work, but I wanted to post some :) for myself.
  • It stormed pretty hard for a few minutes last night- tore up a lot of trees in the area, power out... so thankful this morning that our home was still standing, no damage to the roof (we have to get a new roof in the near future), no trees down, no home or car damage, but most of all we were all safe and sound.
  • Though she was terrified, our 20 year old daughter needed her "mommy & daddy" last night when she woke up, realized we were under a tornado warning and heard how bad the storm was. She came in our room and grabbed me. I hate that she was so frightened, but it felt good to still be needed by my child who is now grown. :) I hope she always has a need for her mommy. :) I know I still need mine!!!
  • I know a lot of damage was done last night, and I am not happy for those who suffered from it, but I do love storms. I miss that so much since we moved here- being able to watch storms build and come in from miles and miles away. Watching the lightning and wind and rain come down.
  • Students who give me lots of love too. I don't do my job for that, but it sure is nice- especially on the hard days when I deal with so many other issues.
  • A special student who was absolutely perfect today!!! So proud of him!!!!
  • God, who loves us all, in spite of our imperfections, our sins, our mistakes, our silliness and stupidity, our unworthiness. I have a lot of questions about God and a lot of things I used to think I knew that I doubt very much now. But I haven't given up on God, and I am thankful that He hasn't given up on me. I may not understand most things about Him. I don't have to. I'm counting on His unending mercy and grace.
  • Rob, who has been my lifeline of late, especially. I LOVE YOU Rob Thomas!
  • Our dog and cat playing- too cute! Poor Cinnamon gets tired of Samson sometimes, but he's also figured out how to get in tight places where Sam can't go. Cracks me up to watch Sam try to figure out how to get in there and when he can't listen to him give his short little bark, like "No fair! Come out & let me chew on you!" :) :) :)
  • In a few more weeks I will see my family, the ones I love so dearly! I don't feel like I can make it, but I'm trying to hang on until then.
Good night! Praying you are well wherever you are! Don't forget that God loves us all! I know I'm trying to really remember that even though my feelings are all over the place right now!

Love,
Beka :)

No comments:

Post a Comment