Thursday, October 20, 2011

19 years

I should be asleep, but before I finally crash I wanted to write this down as a small prayer between God and me.

Thank you God for being there - always.

Even in the darkest times. You really are.
When it doesn't seem You are there. You really are.
Even when one can't sense Your presence. You really are.
When life hits you so hard it takes your breath away. You really are.
When you think you can't survive or go on another moment. You really are.
When no one is on your side and the world seems to be set against you. You really are.

And someday, down the road, you can see things more clearly. You realize that God was there through it all. And you're oh so humbled and grateful.

And, God after 19 years with a child I almost didn't get to have, I'm still humbled and grateful for every moment of every day of every one of these last 19 years. Thank you for my "gift of God," Matthew Lane Thomas, born 10/20/1992.

But most of all, God, thank You for being there 19 years ago when life fell apart and got really hard, and for all the other hard times in our lives (there have been more than a few, God, and You know them all and have been there for them all) that You were really there and I just couldn't see You. Thank You for not giving up on me then, or now. Let me never forget You and Your faithfulness. Let me be just a little more like You each day.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:04 PM

    God has been faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:05 PM

    And I like your poem! Write more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma8:05 PM

    And anonymous in this case is Momma! Forgot to click the right button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE my Momma!!!

    ReplyDelete