Monday, May 21, 2007

It's Okay, No It's Not

I was reminded today of the lesson my "kinder-child" taught me a couple weeks ago.

Today, it was my turn to say those words, "It's okay. Okay?" to a little one in my room whose mother is very ill. Only it's not okay, and it's not chickens we're talking about. I knew it, but I was hoping the message would help her as it had helped me. I don't think she understood, which reminds me, once again, that those words were meant for me and that it really was God speaking through a five year old child.

God, now it's her in need. Please give me a message, in some language, that my kinder will be able to understand. 'Cuz right now hugging her, holding her, and loving her doesn't seem like much, and it won't make her mommy be okay or help her to understand it all.

It's not okay, God!

No comments:

Post a Comment