Saturday, June 09, 2007

Goodbye

My Dear Kinderkids,

How fast this school year has gone by! It seems like just a few days ago that I met you for the first time! How nervous I was! I wondered if you would like my classroom. I asked myself, “What will I do if the kids don’t like me?”, and I worried that your parents might not think I was the right teacher for you, their precious child.

I’ve tried hard this year to make learning fun and to keep our classroom a safe and wonderful place to be. I know we’ve all had those days when we were tired or sick or just plain crabby. But just like family, we have loved each other anyway. And cheered for each other and helped each other and even on the bad days, seen the good in each other. That’s what friends do. I will always be your friend.

I want you to know that you can always come visit me- no matter where you end up in life or where I go to teach. I will always be thrilled to see “my kids” and to get a hug or a handshake or a note from you. You will always be very, very special to me!

Please know that I love you dearly and am so very proud of all you have learned, how you have grown, and all you’ve come to be this year! Keep on growing and never, never quit! Always do your best and be proud of yourself!

Love always,
Your Mrs. Thomas


Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
And the rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment