Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Girls Night Out, or "Chilling with my Peeps" as Barbara calls it :)

Today our school was part of a "Celebration of Excellence." The top 15 most improved schools were in the whole county were invited to attend, and although AJE didn't make the AYP goals, and we still have a long way to go, we did make some big improvements. I went to the ceremony, along with my assistant & friend, Kristen and two other ladies in my school who have become my friends- Erin & Cathy.

Now, I'll sidetrack a minute here to say, that these three ladies & I are sort of "out of the group" of the rest of our grade level, or at least we feel that way. There is sort of a little clique forming in our building, and we definitely aren't part of the clan. So we decided tonight to give ourselves a name and everything; we got a little silly with this! :)

So, back to my story. Today, I knew that we four were all going, so I came up with this brainstorm to all ride together and then stop and get a bite to eat on our way back to the school. So we did. We all piled in my car and rode to G'boro to the Coliseum. We had fun being silly and smart aleck. But then, when we left the real fun began! I don't think I've laughed that hard or long since I moved to NC!!!!!!!!!!! We laughed, one-lined, giggled, and almost peed our pants all the way to the restaurant and then all the way to school. It was hysterical! When we got to the eatery- the host asked us if we wanted to "keep this buzz going" because we were being so silly. Cathy & I were laughing about how silly and fun we were being without having one drink. Cathy asked us if we could imagine how we would act if we actually drank? :)

I have lots of fun with my family, and we're all a bunch of smart-alecks, but outside of my family, I have not had so much fun in I don't know when... We talked about school, "wordy-dirds," school, family, and I don't know what all. I don't think I've ever had a "girls night out" before, and I hope I can do it again with my friends. It was more fun than I can say! After two years away from my family & my few good, good friends that I saw not often enough, it is so nice to be able to say I have some friends in NC!!!!!!!!


So, tonight, I thank You, God for a fun evening with my friends and for having some friends that I can do something with besides just be friends at work. I am so happy to not be alone in my world. :) And, if my friends should read this, thanks for a wonderfully, silly, fun evening!!!! I love you three a lot, and think the world of you! "Cheep, cheep, cheep." :) Ha! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment