Saturday, July 12, 2008

AAAGGGHHH- Okay, now breathe- Okay now :)

I gain more and more appreciation and understanding of my own momma as my kids continue to grow up and now, enter the world as young adults. But, aaaaaahhhhh- sometimes I just could scream.

This evening was a wee bit stressful as first, Robert, and then Barbara and I had a few "words" - some heated, some not- about college, jobs, $, school, choices, and the future. They just know that they know and I don't. I know that they don't know as much as they think they do and that, though I don't know it all either, I know a few things, and shock of all shocks- I might even know some important things!

Feelings get hurt, and tempers flare, and words are said, and attitudes rear their sometimes ugly heads. But, in the end, we are all okay, and all is right with the world again, or at least I think so. :) Whew! I weathered another parent storm.

This part of parenthood is a bit strange and new for me- parenting young adults. I have no clue what I'm doing and just when I thought I was getting parenting figured out, well there's a whole new set of problems, dynamics, and scenarios to figure out! Parenting, as I am learning, is a never ending job I guess.

Glad my momma didn't kill me when I was this age and just knew I knew and she didn't! Thanks Momma!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:04 PM

    You are doing fine! Your young adults are terrific people. And you and Rob and done a great job parenting.

    Anyway before you know it they will be middle aged adults with children of their own and they will be saying these things to you.

    ReplyDelete