Monday, September 29, 2008

Going Back Up the Hill

Well, after a couple weeks of being overwhelmed and stressed- not to mention grumpy and discouraged- I felt better today- my moods that is. Thank GOD who truly is the "lifter of my head," and thank my wonderful daughter who prayed for me a couple times yesterday and whose prayers were answered.

I spent almost the whole weekend (don't fuss at me Momma) in my classroom, cleaning, moving, reorganizing, and preparing for this week. We'll see how I feel at the week's end, but as of today, I felt so much better about my room and the "stuff" going on inside it. I hated spending so much time there over the weekend, but if it helped me get more caught up and feel this much better, than it was time well spent. Tonight I was able (with Matthew's help- thanks kiddo!) to get a HUGE-MONGOUS pile of papers from last week checked and "stickered" and entered into my record book. Wait until Elba (my assistant) sees the pile of papers to sort into kids' mailboxes tomorrow. YIKES!!!!

We'll see how I feel after three days of after school meetings, but no matter what I thank God for giving me a better day today. The rest of the week will keep me hopping busy between planning meetings in 1st & K, running Barbara to find shoes for Homecoming, balancing my checkbook, paying my bills, getting a haircut hopefully, and attending the big homecoming game Friday night to watch my baby girl in her beautiful dress. :) It's going to be another crazy-busy, but hopefully better week!

I'm off to sleepy-land.
Night!
Rebekah :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Love you! Glad you are feeling better about your room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebekah,

    I understand how you feel. A teacher's job is never done, even in the summer :) Being a teacher has to be one of the most stressful, time-consuming, underpaid and unappreciated professions in the world but... the rewards are out of this world! You said it best when you shared your story about one of your students - he took a small part of you and you'll always wonder how life has treated him and what he's made of the life he has. Not much else matters! How cool is it that each and every day as teachers we have an opportunity to make connections with the students who have been entrusted to our care and show them Jesus' love at work?!

    Tanise

    ReplyDelete