Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Good & Bad News

Okay, the good news first. No surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I'm having some "leg involvement" in my back issues, but it's not too bad now and the surgeon doesn't feel the nerves are being pinched. So unless that issue would suddenly worsen, no surgery will help. That's great news!

Now the bad news- I have arthritis and degenerative disc disease, which just basically means my discs are starting to dry out and break down- proof that I'm getting older :). He feels this is the source of the pain. Although there is some bulging of the discs, this dr. feels it is minor at this point. So I have to try some arthritis medicine for a month, which will also mean having to start taking stomach medicine too as I have issues with things like ibuprofen or aspirin.

Though I don't (REALLY, REALLY, REALLY) don't want to have surgery- that thought was positively making me almost hyperventilate today- I was hoping for some solution that would make this all go away. Arthritis is not going to just go away, barring God taking it away, which He could so do but hasn't chosen to as of yet.

BUT, I am very, very thankful for no surgery, and I am continuing to ask God to take away the rest of the symptoms and problems and help me start to feel better. I hope by the end of the week to be feeling better enough to go for a walk here or at the Y. But then again, I just remembered that Hurricane Hannah is predicted to hit by then, so maybe I'll just wait & see. But soon I will start up trying again. Oh, and one more good thing from this- one less bill I have to worry about (or more like three or four if I had surgery!).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Praise God no surgery. We will continue to pray that this pain goes away and you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah sis!!! and come on - go take a walk in the hurricane, why not? as long as the sky isn't green right?

    ReplyDelete