Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Twelve Days of Vacation- Day 3

On the third day of vacation my Savior gave to me, His Son for eternity. Thank You God for Your son, for the sacrifice You gave for me, for all mankind.


On the third day of vacation my family gave to me:
  • gifts under the tree
  • a delicious dinner
  • games and movies
  • and a day filled with fun & beautiful memories

Rob snuck out last night after our Santa run and left a little something on the door of the house we're trying to buy. Then he took me for a ride to "see something." He's so sweet!

Can you see the bow on the door? How about a closer view?

My kids were so sweet to me. From their own money earned at work and babysitting (Dad helped Matthew out with $ since he doesn't yet have a job) they gave me wonderful gifts.


Robert- a lighthouse calendar that he just happened to point out to me the other day & I admired- sneaky boy :)

Barbara- a snowman cup/plate/bowl, a wonderful fragrance oil diffuser, and peanut butter cups :)

Matthew- a book that is perfect for me!- God Grew Tired of Us by John Dau one of the "Lost Boys" from Sudan

Rob- two books that are also perfect for me as they are topics I'm very interested in- darfur diaries & First They Killed My Father and a stocking full of chocolate candy :)

But what made me even happier was the generosity I saw in my kids for each other this year. They gave each other great gifts that were thought out and took in mind each other's interests & likes. That made me happier than anything. I sure do love my kids!

Some of us took a short Christmas day nap after staying up late and getting up earlier. We talked to my momma & pop today too. Boy did I miss them, but I'm trying to stay focused on what I have to be thankful for, and that is so much!!!!!!!! Then together, we all did little parts to help cook a yummy Christmas dinner- a roasted chicken, Rob's delicious mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and rolls. We all helped with clean up (including Samson who got to "clean up" the remains of the bird), watched an episode of Rob's Hogan's Heroes video he got from the boys, then had pumpkin pie & cookies while we played games. Now it's time to get some sleep. I hope to put up some pictures via Slide maybe tomorrow, we'll see.

It's been a wonderful Christmas, and for that I'm very thankful. This year, it has been much harder to get in the spirit and enjoy the month, but the joy of today did come and I have enjoyed being with four of the people I love most in this world.

I'm thinking today of some children I know who have hurt in their lives, for whom this Christmas might not have been so good, for certain adults who are hurting today. God, please be with them; encourage them and send someone who can show them Your love. Thank You for helping me to love even when it's hard. You amaze me with the way Your love can come in even when you don't notice it and how it can erase hurt and hard feelings. For that I am very, very thankful most of all as I don't want to go around with hard feelings and anger.

Father, be with those who don't have family at all, those whose family are far away and who might be homesick, those who are serving our nation in dangerous places and their families who must spend another holiday without their loved one. Help those homeless right here in our community Lord. Send them a warm place and food for today and a "light in the darkness." God, please be with the millions of people all over the world who are not in safe places because of wars and riots and persecution. Help me to be as aware as possible of all these hurting people and to find some way to help in some small way that would bring You glory and hearts to their eternal home.

Merry Christmas Jesus!

Rebekah :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:28 PM

    So glad you had a good Christmas. Sounded like a lot of fun! Enjoy the rest of your time off!

    ReplyDelete