Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Can We Say "Crazy???"

Okay, this is just a quick reflection for me to look back on in a month or so. Feel free to go along for the ride and, please, have a laugh at/with/for me if you will. I am planning to laugh at myself a bit now and a whole lot later!!! :)

My brain to myself today at 4:45 P.M. Eastern time (whatever time thing we're in now- Standard, Daylight Savings.... I can never keep track)...

Brain: "What in the world were you thinking?"
Self: "To what are you referring?"
Brain: "Are you completely nuts or trying to make me nuts with moving now?!?!?! Plus trying to help Barbara finish her college apps, write a letter of reference for another young person going to college. And then I'm trying to figure out how to make your silly class run more smoothly and help you manage the kids in centers better & you do a better job of what you do, with two grades in there to boot, and you want me to do all that on no sleep! I really must protest. Then you need me to figure out your taxes and do the kids' financial aid forms. Let alone trying to make big decisions such as do I update your resume? Do I think about next year and all that entails? Really, I think I'll go on strike!!!!"
Self: "I think you already have gone on strike. I can't remember anything anymore, can hardly keep track of the whereabouts of a single item in my room, can't get paperwork done on time, or remember where I'm going and which kid I'm picking up. My assistant thinks I'm crazy and the most disorganized person she's ever met! My room looks awful and there's piles everywhere in my room, my house... aaaaggghhhhh!"
Brain: "We've got to come to an understanding..."
Self: "Well, get ready because it's going to get worse."
Brain: "What!?!? How can it get worse?????"
Self: Because next week, interims are due at work, we'll close on the house, it's the end of the month so that will mean checkbook & bill time- both our personal favorites- plus Barbara has the big scholarship interview weekend thing at HPU. Then we'll be moving, cleaning, and emptying out this house... Then in March, baseball starts, and Rob will be working between the high school, the 'Hoppers, and the high school ball team ticket taking job. Robert will be working between the restaurant, the mall, and the 'Hoppers plus college. Barbara will have the Hoppers and school and preparing for all her IB & AP exams. Matthew may make the baseball team and have school and those games. Yeah, things are only going to become more crazy."
Brain: "That's it!!! I'm throwing in the towel now!"

:) Whew! Okay, now I'm ready to get back in the front room and back to work. It's all going to be worth it. It's so going to be worth it. I just hope I don't fall down dead from lack of sleep before then. :)

And, don't worry folks, this was all said with a big smile on my face. I have to make fun of me. Though I don't really argue with myself- well not quite that much anyway, and I don't hear "voices," I am starting to doubt my sanity.

But in all seriousness, I know I am very blessed to have a family that keeps me so busy, a house to be buying, a life to be living. And I am truly grateful, even if a little overwhelmed!!!

Happy Wednesday!
Rebekah :)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:56 PM

    You ARE crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I laughed so hard in a while! That was funny! I can completely understand the chaos in the classroom. I can't find anything, very disorganized, and need to watch how you do your centers! Maybe this runs in the family. If so.....it's time to stop this madness with us! :)

    ReplyDelete