Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today is the day!

Update: So it didn't happen today. We got to the lawyer's office and the bank has messed things up. We are now waiting on them to send new paperwork and fix their mistake. We hope they'll have it figured out before we go back on Friday. Good thing I prepared for the rest of the week just in case. Rob & I were quite disappointed, but it's all okay. One way or another we'll get the house- just another practice session in patience. So, on Friday we will hopefully sign all the forms, meet the realtor, and get into our new home. Just in time to start our crazy busy weekend... :) Life is good.

In just a little while, I will be a homeowner. That's a big deal to most people, I know. But for us, it's an even bigger deal. It's a dream I laid down a long time ago as "oh that will happen someday when the kids are grown and we've had a few years to save- maybe before retirement or when grandkids start coming." It's not that I said "that will never happen," I just didn't think it would happen anytime soon so I decided to quit worrying about it or feeling bad about it. Believe me it really used to bother me, but that's another blog entry or as I like to say "that's a whole 'nother Oprah!" I've been learning to accept what is and move on; I'm not saying I've got it mastered, just learning it. :) Remember, I'm in God's "special" class; I believe I might even have an IEP up there in heaven somewhere in God's files. ;) And yes, I am sure I will arrive in heaven on a little yellow bus, but ours will be the happiest one to pull in to those gates. :)

But I digress. :) Then, just like God, once I gave up on something(s) I wanted & kept really focusing on what's truly important in life, well He drops that very thing into our laps and makes the impossible become a possibility. Maybe that was the lesson in it all- hmmm, that song & scripture says, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. And all these things shall be added unto you. Hallelujah, hallelujah." (Okay so be glad you can't "hear my blog" right now because you'd so hear me humming that tune.) :)

So today, after 20 years, 6 months and 5 days of marriage, my love & I will become 1st time homeowners. A BIG deal to us, our kids, and our family back home who has stood by us in all kinds of adversity and never quit believing in us. We wouldn't be signing some papers shortly if it weren't for God and for that family that's put up with us all along the way.

So please, whoever you are, if you're reading this, celebrate with us. The Thomas family has just bought a house somewhere in NC, and if you listen really closely, you might hear us shouting through tears of joy this afternoon and probably for a while. And you might even hear shouts of praise & joy and cheers all the way from Illinois too. And though these worldly concerns are hardly worthy of notice up in heaven, I'm just know that my heavenly Father will be looking down this afternoon to see two of His kids signing some papers and being more thankful than they could ever express to Him in human words for this big earthly gift He's blessed us with.

Thank You Father for this gift. You knew we always wanted it, and we are so appreciative of it. We will appreciate it more for having waited, and worked, and dreamed, and hoped, and waited some more for it. It was worth it all, and I am ever so grateful. I hope we make You proud through all of this.

With all my love for Him and for you,
Rebekah :)

P.S. Do you think I'll look silly crying while I sign the papers today? I'll try my best, but if I do, oh well! "I yam what I yam." ;)

2 comments:

  1. I will be available Saturday if you all need any help moving stuff. Keep your faith up during this hopefully final patience test before the big move.
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:19 PM

    GOD IS GOOD! AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER!!!!

    Yea! If people were listening they heard some shouts of joy going up in Illinois from 3 people back here who have loved you and prayed for you and enjoyed your love for years!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete