Friday, April 03, 2009

Fun Friday with My Marvelous Matthew

Today was a really nice day- one I will remember for a long, long time. Matthew came and spent one of his spring break days with my class and me! :) He will never know how much it mean to the kids but really to me!!!

And he truly was terrific with the kids. He worked well with the kids- did a small group math game with my kinders while I taught the 1st grade math lesson and kept them all engaged and active. They had a blast playing Number Bam with him! Then he worked with the 1st graders helping them finish their math work, measuring objects in the classroom. He played with them on the playground eagerly, and they were having so much fun chasing him around. :)

This afternoon he worked with kids one-on-one on some work they needed to do, helping one make patterns, helping another write, then working in the building center with legos, blocks, and cars with the kids. He also helped the kids make coffee filter butterflies this morning. We all ate together at lunch, and Matthew read to some of the kids at quiet reading time as well.

Truly, he just gave me some wonderful "Mom" moments today that I will cherish forever!!! On top of the fun time spent in each other's company, he was good to my "kids" & enjoyed working with them as much as I do- anyone who knows me, knows that if you are good to my kids- my own or my school kids- well I will love you for life! So it meant even more to me that he was so good with my school kids. I am so thankful for being all I always wanted to be- a wife, a mom, a teacher. And today I got to enjoy being two of those at the same time. What a day!

Thank You God, for a wonderful day with my son and my "kids." Thank You for the opportunity to know all these young people You've placed in my life, allowed me to work with, know, watch grow up... Thank You for my son, Matthew. Thank You for the gift of him and what he gave back to me today and to my kids at school. Bless him for his gift and show him the path You want him to follow in this life.

Night Father! Night world.

Rebekah :)

1 comment:

  1. Momma5:02 PM

    What a wonderful day! What a wonderful son! So glad you are "building memories." Believe, you will remember days like this forever.

    ReplyDelete