Sunday, June 28, 2009

Missing My Family

Soon my two youngest will be home from their youth group trip. I am sitting here by the door eagerly awaiting their return. Rob and Robert are at their jobs and won't be home for a while yet.

I listen to people talk at work, at church, see how people get together and talk about what they do on Facebook.... I realize that really all I have is God and my family. I'm lonely and will be so glad when the ones dearest to me are back.

I don't know what I'll do when my kids are gone. I obviously have sunk all my time and attention into my kids, my hubby, my marriage, my work- I don't have any real friends to do things with it would seem. I guess I'm going to get to spend a lot of time with my best friend, Rob. Hope he can stand a long time with me and the big itinerary I'm going to have to plan. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well if you look at facebook you see that my real friends are you and Jessica and my family is all I have. And I'll tell you EXACTLY what you will do when your kids are gone. You will do what I have done. You will sit back and enjoy grandkids and continue to enjoy your kids as adult friends - they will be your "best" friends - and you will enjoy having time to do fun things with your very best friend - Rob.

    ReplyDelete