Saturday, April 24, 2010

Trying for Tech

I have been using DonorsChoose.org for almost two years now. I have been BLESSED with so many learning materials for my classroom and my kids!
  • homework backpacks
  • TONS of learning materials to put in those homework bags (I currently hae 15 lending bags for the kids to check out to use for homework- each has at least one book and puzzles, games, and other learning activities that center around the theme of the bag: colors, numbers, shapes, rhyming, alphabet, family, art, etc.)
  • a sand/water table
  • a listening station
  • TONS of science materials: an incubator & egg turner (which we are using right now!), a butterfly habitat, a see-through garden window box, life cycle materials, and tons more!
  • a photo printer & lots of ink
  • a classroom digital camera

Now I am trying to get some technology for my classroom. I am starting with this proposal. It's my goal to find tech tools that will help make the learning even more fun & engaging but more important will allow the kids to use and learn about technology as they will be surrounded by it in their adult lives and will need to know how to use it.

If you know anyone who would be willing to give any amount at all, I'd be so appreciative if you'd pass the link on. The really neat thing about Donors Choose is that donors can give any amount - even $1, and it really does add up. So even though my grant proposal is more than I could ever afford to do on my own, if I give, and a lot of other people give even small amounts, my children could be the recipients of some GREAT learning!


Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment