Wednesday, February 02, 2011

:)s for today

Keeping it short. I'm "supposed" to be working on a research paper for grad school, but I must confess that I am struggling with this course!!!! I'm not sleeping well, so I think, honestly, I may just try to go to bed at a decent hour and hope & PRAY for sleep tonight!

My happy list for today:
  • My pants are getting really lose on me in several places- I love this feeling!!! :) :) :)
  • I didn't get the materials needed to complete mandatory assessments until last Thursday and couldn't start until Friday, but I am working like crazy to get them done by the deadline. I am done with one assessment- WOOHOO!!! and close to the halfway point on another. Hopefully I'll get done by next Friday so I can get back to teaching which is what I want to do desperately!!!!
  • Another walk with my hubby- and the past two nights, I have to say were harder because I was just plain wiped out, but I did it anyway. Don't know why or what it is, but Rebekah is definitely changing for the better.
  • I saw an "old" coworker and dear friend today. Kristen came by the school and brought Elizabeth with her. It MADE MY DAY to see them both. Oh, how I miss working with her. She was a dear!!!! And Elizabeth, what a smile that kid has!!! My class was oohing & aaahing over her. :)
  • I did something tonight that I've NEVER done before, and though Jesus probably wouldn't have done it, I don't think I did anything wrong or sinful (I hope not!). I stood up to something rude and it felt so nice!!! My two oldest were with me, and though I think they were a little embarrassed (Sorry you two!!!!!), they both commented to me afterwards that they noticed the rudeness and were proud of me for speaking up. They both said how stunned they were and shocked that "their mom was doing that." :)

3 comments:

  1. This list makes me smile! Go you on the loose pants. I'm trying to get there myself. And, WOW! WTG standing up to the rudeness--that's awesome! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rach! I am a HUGE person, so loose pants is good, but I have a very long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma8:41 PM

    You have a long way to go - but you are CLEARLY on the journey. And you will make it! I have faith in you!!!!! And in our heavenly Father who will give you the strength and determination you need.

    ReplyDelete