Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday, Sunday

Spring is making its appearance it seems, and I hope it is here to stay. The weather is getting warmer, the daylight longer, the buds on trees in our neighborhood are starting to appear, and we are hearing more and more birds singing in the morning and evening. So nice!!!

Only three and one half months to survive. I can do all things through Christ. repeat. times. one hundred. :)

My mind has started its yearly "things I want to do differently next year" list, except it keeps saying, "Where will I be next year?" which makes it more difficult. But, learning is good, and I'm trying to not beat myself up too much for not having a perfect first year in this new grade. I just see so many mistakes and things I did that could have been better, or things I did not know and wish I had....

My :) List:
  • Calling my Momma yesterday and having a nice LONG talk! :) :) :)
  • I love laughing and making people laugh. I made Momma and myself laugh hysterically and that felt soooo good! BBB, Momma! ;)
  • I went to bed early last night (well, early for me- 10 PM, and though I couldn't get to sleep right away, it was nice to be there relaxing and listening to my hubby snoring :) and just finally drifting off to sleep).
  • Mandy (my pal from work) called us Friday night and invited Rob & I to join her and her parents at a nearby restaurant. That was so nice of them to include us and we enjoyed some being with some pretty nice people!
  • Spring- my hyacinth is peeking out of the ground; can't wait to see the daffodils soon. :)
  • Daylight- it is so much easier to get out of bed with a little light then in the dark (and it is already such a struggle to get out of bed to go to "that place" so that really does help!)
  • Warm chocolate chip/nut cookies made for Robert (a belated birthday treat)- I only ate one too- yeah me!!!
  • One more month in the year of hell about to be over! THANK YOU GOD for helping me get through it all!
  • Zoe is the prettiest niece an aunt could ever see- I find myself telling her photo hello and good night every day, and sometimes when I can't focus on work or college work, I just stare at her picture on my laptop. :) I can't wait to meet her!!!
  • Walking with Rob & Matthew and Samson this afternoon, and the last little bit we walked in a warm, gentle rain- so neat!
  • Rob & I went shoe shopping together and found walking shoes on sale! :)
  • most of all, God loves me- even me!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic list! :o)

    The year from Hell is in fact almost over--hang in there!!

    The chocolate chip cookie thing? AWESOME! What fantabulous self-control. :o)

    Spring is springing all around. Hooray! :o)

    Oh, and woo hoo to good walks. :o)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete