Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Daddy's Fishing Place

Our daddy used to go fishing a lot. He spent a lot of time in the Mississippi River, and I remember our family going to this place with him. I loved this place. Rob took me back there before we left Illinois so I could get some photos.



When I was a little girl, I used to play on the sandbar while Daddy fished and I would pretend that there was a princess locked away in these "castles" by an evil witch. :)


Low Water Dam- This is a really rocky area- goes all the way across the river- normally and has a lot of rapids, but there was a lot of rain while we were home and it was underwater a few days later when we returned with the camera.

Chain of Rocks Bridge- this old bridge was closed to traffic when I was very young.  Rob remembers it being open, but I was just a toddler then.  It is open for foot/bike traffic now, and we walked across to get some photos.




That's St. Louis in the background.

a log floating down the river- here in Central NC, there are no big rivers of any kind of size- was hoping my students could get an idea how big the river is with this picture

Goodbye Daddy.  Thanks for some good memories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment