Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Where I Come From

Rob and I took a lot of photos when we were back in the St. Louis area.  I am sure it was the circumstances, but we were both reminiscing a lot about our childhoods and memories-good and bad.  A few of these photos were taken for my students who can't quite understand what it is like "where I am from."   I didn't honestly have time when we got back to do anything but try to get caught up and I didn't feel up to looking through my photos either, but am going to try to do so today. 

This is where I come from- the Midwest, home of the mighty Mississippi River, flat land, and cornfields as far as you can see.
Sunrise and fog as we leave Illinois to head back to NC
winter wheat fields

snow fence in front and a wind farm in the back (sorry for the dirty window picture)

flat land, farms as far as you can see



crossing the Mississippi River into St. Louis


Rob waving hello to my students. :)


me being silly :)



This is where the flood of '93 was measured.


flood walls and measuring tool

Watching a barge moving upriver before we left the landing.

No comments:

Post a Comment