Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Landscaping work in Progress (for Momma and Pop)

I know these are nothing spectacular to look at, but I promised my Momma I'd share some photos for her and Pop so they can see what we are up to.  So here goes.  Robert and I took out the dying boxwood bushes in front of our house; we have left the firebushes for now anyway.  We have replaced the bushes with some ornamental grasses, delphinium, coreopsis, shasta daisy, and English daisy and left the small blooming grass that was here up front between the little daisies.
 I wish my camera could catch the real shade of blue on this!  It is GORGEOUS- so much prettier then the camera/computer shows!

English Daisies- I love these too!


 Can't see the flowers much, but the house looks so different without those big bushes in front now!
I bought cheap brick-like stones to try to keep the yard out of the bed and the mulch out of the yard.  Hopefully I can add to this as we go.

 A side view
 The side of the house- these hostas came from Illinois with my parents one year when they came to visit us.  Pop dug them up from his flower beds.  They lived at our old rental home and when we bought our 1st home, Matthew and I dug them up again and brought them with us. :)  They are starting to really take off and get bigger now.
 Just loved these flower pots- and of course had to make them St. Louis Blues colors for Rob.  I love gerbera daisies and these also fit the Blues color theme, so voila. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment