Sunday, April 13, 2014

Goals and accomplishments

Just about to wrap up this degree.  Getting majorly worn down and running on no sleep now, but I am also excited and absolutely terrified about the idea of walking across the platform in front of all those strangers. The cap and gown are paid for, the honor cords purchased, the vehicle reservation and dogs' boarding reservations made, the sub scheduled and confirmed...  if I can get it all done in the next ten days it's going to really happen.

But this morning what I want to remember is that I finally broke the 300 mark on the scale.  It took eleven months and a week, but I did it!  I've been waiting for days and days and days (about three weeks now) to see this number finally make its way onto the scale. :) My weight loss is more in inches and the scale will budge in bits.  It jumps several pounds at once and then it won't move again for weeks- very frustrating when a doctor and trainer think you're not trying hard enough or doing enough.

I keep reminding myself what I said all along because it's true, and I know myself better than anyone else.  I put this weight on slowly over twenty years, it needs to come off slowly so that I can keep it off and not do the lose/gain thing I've done over the years.  So it's not just that it took me 11 months and 1 week to lose over 50 pounds, but in 11 months and 1 week I have lost 50 pounds and KEPT IT OFF! :)

I'm so happy about this, but I don't have time to dwell on it more- a lit review, the creation/assembly of a thesis, a month-long lit unit all await my creation as well as taxes and lesson plans.  I'll be happy while I work and celebrate so many things in my life next month. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment