Saturday, November 08, 2014

Real people stores

I bought some sweatpants in Walmart a few weeks ago, and was so stunned that I could do so.

But today, my girls and I went to Dress Barn, and I did something I haven't done in well over a decade- I bought clothes for me that fit in a "real people store."  I did my best to not cry and embarrass myself or the girls, but I cannot tell you how it feels.  After years and years and years of only being able to buy clothes in a plus size only store and one that caters to extremely large women, well, it felt good.

I know my usual clothes store's sizes tend to range a little on the larger size too, so to go down two more pant sizes is a big thing!  (no pun intended)

I can't believe it, I really can't.  It seems like a dream.  I wonder when it will start to seem real and I won't have to be afraid of it going away.  For now, I am enjoying the feeling even if the fear is in my head somewhere.  Tonight I am going to put on a pair of my new smaller pants and one of my pretty tops and go out to a nice dinner with my hubby to celebrate my new less-morbid size. :)

R :)

No comments:

Post a Comment