Wednesday, August 22, 2007

God's Help & Will Power- Day #1

First official workday of the 2007-2008 school year. Meetings all day- yuck! I won't even go there!!! Then a very brief time left to work in my classroom before I start my evening running. There is so much to be done there and not enough time to get it all done by Open House on Friday afternoon/evening, so I'm trying to make a list of all I need to do, and then prioritize what is a "must" for Friday and what can wait until Monday.
  • Left school at 4:00 to go to East Forsyth High to pick up Matthew who had to attend Freshmen Orientation today and was, therefore, stuck at the high school with his dad.
  • Stop for gas (duh, it uses that stuff, Rebekah!) in High Point
  • Picked Matthew up @ 4:50, left for home.
  • Pulled in the driveway @ 5:25. Matthew goes in to eat supper and do his chores; Robert comes out and gets in the car to go to work at the ballpark. (Thank God for kids that can and do take turns cooking for us all, and who do more than their share around the house, or we would never make it!) Fortunately for me, Barbara has Wednesdays off most of the time, or I would have had that too tonight!
  • Come back home, eat supper, check email (both home & work since I didn't have time to do it at school today), take a quick peak through the snail mail.
  • Leave @ 6:40 to take the kids to youth group.
  • I did it! I did it! I did it! Even though I felt HORRIBLE, I went on the Y and walked 1.5 miles/30 minutes. I was praying and asking God to help me because I really did not feel up to it, but He did, and I made it. :) :) :)
  • 8:00- go back to church and pick up the kids
  • 8:35- get back home and start doing my "homework" for tomorrow. :)
I just wanted to record tonight (for myself for another time when I'm down on myself) that even though I was tired, not feeling good, and very busy, I (Rebekah Rose Thomas) asked God for help, did the right thing, mastered my will power, and took care of me. Now, my next goal for this evening is to go to bed very, very soon! :)

So, for those who are occasionally reading these self-named rantings and have to put up with my silly thoughts, ramblings, etc. if you see day #2 or 3 or, hopefully, someday, 487 :) in my postings, you'll know that means another day I stuck with my plan and my goals and put myself first above school work and took care of me and exercised even if I didn't feel like it.

You go, girl, you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment