Saturday, January 10, 2009

I want to know Jesus more than I do. I want to know "who" He was as a man. What He thought, felt, said, did. So I'm reading.

Matthew 8:20 "Jesus said, ' Foxes have holes, birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.'"

Matthew 9:12 "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick... For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Matthew 9:36 "When He saw the crowds, He had compassion for them because they were harassed and helpless like sheep without a shepherd."

Matthew 11 :28 "Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Matthew 14:14 "When He went ashore, He saw a great crowd and He had compassion on them and healed their sick."

Matthew 15:32 "...I have compassion on the crowd because.... they have nothing to eat, and I am unwilling to send them away hungry..."

Matthew 19:14 "...Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to Me and do not hinder them'... and He laid hands on them..."

Matthew 20:26 "...whoever would be great among you must be your servant & whoever would be first must be your slave even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve & to give His life as a ransom for many."

Matthew 22: 37-39 "Love your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind... You shall love your neighbor as yourself..."

Mark 1:41 "Moved with pity..."

Mark 3:5 "...grieved at their hardness of heart..."

I'm starting to get a clearer picture. This Man was acquainted with loneliness, with sorrow, with trials. He loved people and felt compassion for them and their problems and did whatever He could for them. He met practical needs as well as spiritual- feeding them, blessing them, listening, healing. Most of all, He lived what He said. He served and did not put Himself above others. He gave of Himself. He sacrificed daily in his own life as well as paying the ultimate price at the end of His life.

Thank you God, for Your life, Your example. For loving people so much and for all You did for people when You were a man, and even yet still centuries later. Thank You for Your word where I can go read about You and who You were. Thank You for helping me to understand You a little better. Thank You for loving me and living in me. Help me to keep learning more of "who" You were & are, and help me to be more like You.

Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment