Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Big Day

It was another one of those "milestone days" here at the Thomas household. :) Our 2nd child, Barbara Rose, registered for her 1st semester at the local community college. Our baby girl is now an official college student! She has registered for six classes/18 hours. Let's see if I can remember all her courses: Expository Writing, Math something???, Western Civilization, Intro to Sociology, Public Speaking, and Literature of the Theater. Whew, I think I did it! :)
our college girl!

While I was cooking this evening, Matthew and I saw two goldfinches enjoying our sunflower patch. They stayed for quite a while looking for and munching on yummy seeds grown by us. :) This was the view right out of my kitchen sink window.


We had to do some work in both our classrooms today, and I had a dr.'s appointment at Wake today too. On our way home from Winston, Rob & I stopped at the farmers' market and bought a bunch of green tomatoes, ripe tomatoes, fresh green beans, and a HUGE box of peaches. YUM!!! I cooked fried green tomatoes and the green beans tonight, and tomorrow I'm making peach cobbler! I can't wait!!!

This is a silly photo, but for my momma. This is that ANCIENT crock pot that we adopted from you ages ago. It has gone the route of that 30 year old blender of yours I used for forever and cried when it broke. :) The crock pot finally died too. It gave its life preparing one last meal for our family. This thing is almost as old as me if not older. I don't even know when momma got it, but it's been around for as long as I can remember.
Then tonight, Barbara & I worked on our mother-daughter craft project. We tore several yards of material into these strips/rags. Can you guess what we're going to make? You can leave a comment and guess for fun if you want. I'll tell you soon.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you still have that slow cooker!!! I don't even remember when I got it but girl that was ages ago!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you making rag rugs?

    ReplyDelete