Monday, January 24, 2011

My :) List

It's been a hard day, and I really don't want to say much, but I was thinking about my little blog this morning and remembered that I'm supposed to be putting down some positives about me when I write. I haven't done that the last couple posts. So before my accountability friends catch me :), I am putting down what I can think of for today. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.
  • I continue to walk and take care of me. I even got myself a pedometer. I walk waaaay more at school than I realized! I realize for those of you who are very active, this will not be much, but I just didn't realize how much walking around I did at school! I put in a mile today at work and that was on a testing/guarded time day with no playground time, no specials and such! My kids were so curious about what I was wearing, and then SERIOUSLY cheering for me all day as they checked my steps! Thinking I might have to work this into my math lessons.
  • I am doing this even though I am absolutely in the pit- that is growth!!!
  • I am seeing a change in my body for the better! :) That's all I'm saying for now. :)
  • I am not an award-winning, stellar, out-of-this-world teacher, but I care for my kids, and they KNOW it!
Okay, I did it! I'm sick with a cold bug/sinus infection/something, but there's a warm bowl of white chili (my favorite soup) waiting for me, grad school assignments to finish before midnight, papers to grade, writing samples to score, report cards to finalize, and reading test results to analyze.

I know it will sound silly, but please pray for our dog, Samson. He just started throwing up- not something he's ever done before. I hope it's nothing wrong and just something passing.

4 comments:

  1. Momma7:44 PM

    I'm so proud of you! You are really growing when you keep on walking - keep on trying to be positive - when everything in you probably wants to just curl up under a blanket and cry and quit walking - quit looking for something positive about yourself.

    You are awesome! I'm proud of you!

    And when I come out in June we will have to go shopping for the "new" you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'll probably have to Momma. My britches are starting to get REALLY lose on me. I think in another month or so I'll have to throw them out and go smaller. One pair I have to keep pulling up because they keep falling off of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't going to say anything, but...I noticed you skipping out on your list. ;o)

    This is a WONDERFUL list. I walked SO much when I was teaching! It's amazing how those trips up and down the hall add up. :o) And, great news on the loose britches! :o)

    I'm sorry you are sick and the day was lousy. :o( My prayers for Sampson--it doesn't sound silly to me at all, you know that.

    Hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on this list! I don't get on the blog as much as I would like to lately, but I wanted to stop by and send a "way to go" shoutout your way :)

    Make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete