Thursday, February 17, 2011

Friday Eve

One of our "interventionists" at school today told me "Happy Friday Eve" as I walked with my class to lunch. I like that! :)

This school year continues to roll out loads of stress and ugliness at the teachers I work with (and me), but I'm trying to hang on. I have made it a lot longer than I had thought I could, and I'm down to four months. And at the almost end :) of those four months, I'll get to see my parents, my sister & brother and new, sweet niece, Zoe! They'll be here for Matthew's graduation, if God allows. Boy, that will be an emotional time- my youngest child's high school graduation & the last for Rob & I as parents, meeting my niece for the first time, seeing my far-away, deeply loved family, and hopefully for Matthew, letting my baby go off to join Uncle Sam. I better stock up on tissues as I cry for every emotion under the sun, so I am sure to need them. :)

In the mean time, I have a TON of grad school work to do- this course is the equivalent of at least two grad courses and it is kicking all of us in the backside! At work, some of us are going to have to visit other schools in the hopes that we will quit being bad teachers and start doing our jobs. I have a resume to update and start sending out and some prayers I am praying and need to keep praying for guidance about the next step for myself and my family.

My :) List for this Friday eve:
  • Rob & I walked even further tonight!!!! 40 minutes and we did almost 2 miles tonight! :) :)
  • I got a spine yesterday and spoke up two times!!! I may have caused some harm to my future, but I was NOT ugly, did not yell, and said how I really feel and spoke up for the kids. It felt good to say it, though it angered me to have to do so.
  • I ate salad without salad dressing tonight!!!! I'm not a huge soak your salad in dressing person, but this was a big step for me. I used some of the vinegar from the kalamata olives and a little salt & pepper and it was good!
I'll be working all weekend on grad school and trying to prepare paperwork and lesson plans and sub plans for work. I have three HUGE projects and papers due in the next week in my grad course plus the weekly readings, math assignments and online postings. In a few weeks, the capstone exam and portfolio are due, and I haven't even started those yet. YIKES!!! Plus somewhere in all this busy-ness, we have one last birthday and still have two birthday dinners to celebrate. It's going to be a busy weekend! Hope wherever you are, yours is sunny & filled with laughter and love!

2 comments:

  1. Friday eve! How perfect. :o)

    Four months. You can do anything for four months, Rebekah. Hang in there!! You have bunches of fun to look forward to!

    Hugs!

    P.S. Way to go on the walking and the salad. that is WONDERFUL! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma4:12 PM

    And remember Zoe will be coming in less than 4 months to give her Aunt Beka a big smile and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete