Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Sunshine

Thank you God for another pretty good day- well, by this year's standards, a really good day.

I even got to see "my girl" come back out from the dark recesses she's been hiding in. I was afraid I'd not see that side of her again, but thank you heavenly Father, the hurting, angry side went back in just as quickly as it had popped out again these past few weeks. I'd begun to feel like a failure for the backtracking she'd done. I'd questioned myself and my ability to reach "these" kids. I must confess that I was truly regretting my decision to move up to be with her.

And it wasn't just her; the past weeks have been seen behavior in other friends really worsening. The days have been so dark lately in our classroom for some of us kids and their worn-down teacher. Today was like the sun emerging after a raging storm. Its warmth reached way down deep inside me and the smile on her face and her wonderful laugh, oh how I wish she knew how happy she makes me too! We spent some one-on-one time at specials together, making copies, grading papers, laughing, her telling me jokes, talking about her grandmother, and sharing her worries and wishes for the EOG's. It was time so wonderfully well spent.

I moved up to be with her- both sides of this wonderful child. I do so love this child- the sunshine-y side and the stormy one, but this day... well, it was a welcome and much needed reprieve in the storms of our third grade life.

I pray the days of sunshine increase for her and the days of storms, hurt, and anger lessen. I pray that anyway, for her and for all my friends, and for children all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment