Monday, July 07, 2014

personal journaling

I doubt there's anyone who even comes here to read anymore since I haven't been blogging in ages due to grad school taking over life.  On the off chance someone is reading this, I just wanted to say that I'm going to go back to what I was doing, which was using this as my journal.  I've been fighting some of my own mental health "monsters," and think that journaling is something I need to do for myself.  That said, I've come a long way in the last year in my physical and mental health.  I came to a point last year where I was tired of myself and the little nasty voice in my head that Rob & I call "evil Rebekah."  I was doing so well too, even with the pressures of moving to a new school and working with new people, leaving dearly loved children/families behind, finishing a masters' degree and thesis, our daughter moving out which was good but another adjustment in a busy life, health issues, and adding the gym and rigorous workouts into my schedule. Some things have kind of derailed me emotionally lately, and I find myself dealing with the same old battles in my head again. So here I go- I have to beat that mean girl in my head.  She cannot win!


Beka

No comments:

Post a Comment